panshiko: (Default)
[personal profile] panshiko



These characters are dialectic, which means they are kinda the same character, with some major deviations due to material circumstances mostly, like mirror universe versions that had to become a different person to overcome a differing obstacle. And so these differences are somewhat arbitrary and meant to contrast...to reinforce The Themes.

That might sound bad, but I think many couples are written like this, because when couples mirror the other's petty mannerisms, they look like that to bystanders. But I would say I kinda think of this couple as perhaps one character (sometimes similar or different characters because it depends) kinda like the voices of Disco Elysium are one character.

Except I have chosen to make the voices in one character as seen in DE different characters who form different alliances and polycules as a part of their great heroic influences in the DA cannon. So their interpersonal relationships reflect the "ego state," which has the qualities of both an ego (like a personality fragment) but also kinda a proto-state (army, logistics) within a nation. Real egos of strong leaders, metaphorical egos of the spirits among soldiers, the clash of that conflict if I am deep enough to write soldiers as individuals learning the discipline as a body of armed "men".


###tHeMeS timeline 01

00: Circle tower, Areli is the protagonist
panopticon, surveillance, manufacturing consent
jealousy, possession, cyrano
education/propaganda in religious institutions & secular war machines
beauty/inspiration/tokenizing
alienation & spiritual isolation

Profile

panshiko: (Default)
panshiko

December 2025

S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28 293031   

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 11:41 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios